Midnight Movie Monday begins November 9th.
UPDATE: So yeah, as of November 27th, 2015, this feature is going to be on Fridays. Just makes more sense.
ANOTHER FUCKIN’ UPDATE: So yeah again… as of January 2016, I’m, uh, kind of not doing this weekly at the moment. Too many 2015 movies to catch up on.
Like I said a couple days ago, I’m planning a weekly feature which resembles 31 Days of Gore, but it’ll be a lot broader in terms of genre choices. Considering I just did well over thirty horror movies in a row, I’ll probably focus on action, science fiction, and fantasy for a while. I won’t be reviewing new movies for Midnight Movies (a title which is subject to change, by the way), and I’ll either choose terrible movies or exploitation films (or both) for this new feature.
Any movie I want to talk about which doesn’t fit my idea of a midnight movie will appear no differently than movie reviews often appeared on this site in the past… in other words: sporadically. So if it’s a new release in theaters or on VOD, it will not be featured in Midnight Movies.
Although it’s not written in stone, here’s my current criteria for Midnight Movies:
- Movies that never quite made the leap from VHS to DVD (such as Sonny Boy)
- Movies I haven’t seen since I was a kid (such as Masters of the Universe)
- Movies with high exploitation values (such as Malibu Express)
- Movies that are unimaginably awful (such as the Anna Nicole Smith vehicle, Skyscraper)
- Movies oozing pure, unadulterated cheese… my favorite flavor